Friday, October 7, 2011

Remaining Prepared

A couple of days ago, I watched two ladies on Christian Television Network, believers in the Lord Jesus Christ, discuss about the parable of the 10 virgins in Mathew 25: 1-13 and it brought a specific refreshing to me about preparing for the Lord's return. I wash awestruck that all ten virgins wore their wedding gowns and went forth to meet the bridegroom. These were believers in the Lord! Yet 5 of them had no oil in their lamps! I pray that I and my family, and my loved ones will not only prepare for the second coming of our Lord, but will have oil in our lamps in Jesus' name, Amen! I pray that anyone reading this post will similarly be prepared, with oil in his or her lamp in Jesus' name, Amen! The oil here represents the anointing. It represents the word that is anointed. It represents prayers! For Jesus commanded us to watch and pray. Paul exhorted us in Colossians 4:2 to continue in prayer and watch in the same with thanksgiving.

It's very easy to be so caught up in today's life activities that we do not have time for the WORD, PRAYER OR THE LORD HIMSELF! O God help us! Oh Lord rekindle our spiritual passion!  Oh Lord revive us! Help us to watch and prayer, and not be only be encumbered in preparing for your coming but also have our lamps full of oil. I prayer in Jesus' name, Amen!

LET'S GET BACK ON OUR SPIRITUAL TRACK! LET'S ENSURE OUR LAMPS ARE NOT ONLY FULL, BUT HAVE RESERVE.AND LET'S PROVOKE THE BRETHREN TO AWAKE, FOR THE LORD WILL SURELY COME IN THE MANNER THAT HE SAID- SUDDENLY!

No comments:

Post a Comment